Tuesday, March 11, 2014

We're gettin' there

I didn't get to go to the CDE this weekend. Heck I didn't even get to go watch. I was bummed about this so I did what anyone else might do. I took Kat out for a drive. He needed it and we drove in a new area.


There wasn't a lot of wide open spaces to work with so we took off down the road. At first Kat wasn't too sure about the lines on the pavement. They probably looked funny, but he quickly got over it and off we went. He was happy to be out exploring. We logged just under 3.5 miles and the majority of it was alongside busy roads. We were passed by all sorts of cars, & SUV's, a few motorhomes, trucks pulling trailers & boats, motorcycles of all kinds, joggers, bicycles and we also seen plenty of barking dogs, birds flying up out of bushes, jackrabbits, swaying real estate signs and all but the kitchen sink. There was plenty to get Kat fired up about, plenty for him to Be fired up about... But my little man just trucked along like it was nobody's business and was his good old, steady as he goes, bad ass self.


Of the few cars that slowed down for us, many of the drivers and passengers waved, made comments of how gorgeous he is, he must be cheaper on gas and a group of guys yelled who knows what from across their yard as we cruised on by. I had set my reins on the upper ring of the butterfly as Gary had told me to do and it seems to have done the trick. Kat was light in the bridle, but never once did I feel like he was intimidated by the bit. He was soft, bending and although he looked around a lot, when I asked for his head to straighten out and he move over a little, he did willingly and beautifully. He is still a work in progress some days, but when we go for a drive and he was that good... Dang he makes it easy to love him that much more.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you and Good Boy Kat! Its too bad you didn't get to go to the CDE but I suspect that maybe the less stressful drive might have even been better for you both. Get out there and do that alot, pretty soon you guys will be a well oiled machine and cleaning up all the CDE;s

Unknown said...

Good pony!!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Good boy !!